Thesis- Fill In (10/6/2021) Meeting with Mentor

In today's meeting, Professor Jill had shown me a website that has maps showing green corridors in the United Kingdom (Map — Wild West End). It proves and shows the point that London has multiple green spaces that help connect people to nature. 

After discussing Professor Jill's website findings, we looked over my 8 site options. I was still deciding the typology of my thesis project, whether it would be a hospital, rehabilitation center, or a school for children. Professor Jill suggested what if the ideas are combined and the typology of my project is a rehabilitation center for kids since a few of the sites have a school or hospital near.

I was asked by Professor Jill, which 3 sites out of the 8 are my most favorite. I chose 3 that are not isolated, near transportation, and have the same typology in the area. 



From these handfuls of options to choose from, Professor Jill suggested the following to come down to a site decision:

- Check if any of the sites can be connected to existing corridors/paths;

- Check and list any near schools, transportation, accessibility, commerce, and/or medical;

- Check solar analysis 

after, I can give a rating system to the 3 runner-up sites a rate from 1 - 10

She suggested even taking a look at the smaller green spaces and their surroundings to see if it has potential for a site. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thesis- Fill In (10/4/2021) In Person Monday's

Thesis- Fill In (10/12/2021) Meeting with Mentor