Thesis- Fill In (10/4/2021) In Person Monday's

In class today I have spoken with Professor Duddy and I have shown them the possible sites for my thesis project. I have come down to 8 site options. Each contains sites that are vacant and have the following qualities: good views, near a body of water, near a large green space/park. After collecting these options, I have made a pros and cons list to narrow down my choice. It seems that the first option has the most positive notes. But the only downside of this site is that it is slightly near an airport. Some positive things can come out of this near feature, such as a sight of the planes taking off. But the downfall is that it may create too much noise. This is where Professor Duddy advised me to look up noise data from the airport- it can help inform me of the level of noise near the site. A few of the sites are isolated to the general public, which is not a positive component

8 Contestants

I came down to these vacant lot options by using google maps. I searched for vacant lots that are near or adjacent to open spaces. 

London has a handful of open spaces- tally marking the open spaces I have reviewed, helped me to know which spaces I have already looked at. 
Tally Marking Each Open Space


It helped to know the pros and cons for each site after seeing if it is near transportation and see its surrounding amenities 
Transportation







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thesis- Fill In (10/6/2021) Meeting with Mentor

Thesis- Fill In (10/12/2021) Meeting with Mentor